Sunday, September 11, 2011

We're a little behind here...

Mommy hasn't been very good about updating the blog recently. So here is the low down--

Wed. August 31, 2001, I was 40 weeks pregnant. We never in a million years thought you would stay in there that long! Don't get me wrong, i didn't want you to come early and have to endure all of the preemie stuff, but just thinking that Daddy and I considered the progesterone shots from week 14-delivery to keep you in there is really funny. I honestly was not very uncomfortable (up close to 30 lbs at 40 weeks) and continued the regular routine with Gwen and Cole in the last few weeks. I went to my 40 week OB appointment on 9/1 and was told that I was not dialated at all and was still 50% effaced. The doctor agreed to push back my scheduled C Section in hopes that you would come on your own.

On Friday, September 2, 2011, the kids and I were at Ricky Park for the morning enjoying the nice weather. We were heading to the bathroom before going home and i started feeling a little crampy. When Gwen was on the potty, my water broke. I quickly got everyone in the car, called Daddy and headed home to meet Daddy and to take the kids to Kristin's house. Gwen was singing happily in the back seat: "Mommy's water broke. Baby Reid coming today!". Cole was upset because he did not want to go to Kristin's house. He kept crying and saying: "Doleden (Coleman) and Gwennie go home!". He did calm down quickly when Kristin had him in her arms and he had his favorite comforter. WE took our time getting everything together and i ate some leftovers (meatloaf) along with some crackers. We waved goodbye to our neighbors (they were out packing for a weekend camping trip) and we were on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment